Having watched a few BattleChess sessions now, the rules seem to be:
- Each player has two or three chess sets.
- The kings stand away from the battle (typical! ;-))
- A player (white on the first move, winner on subsequent moves) brings forth four pieces.
- The opposing player brings forth their four.
- Each piece has a value and the combined value of your four players is what counts.
- If your total beats theirs, their pieces are removed from the battlefield.
- If it’s a tie, a coin is tossed to determine the winner.
- The winner, naturally, is the player with pieces still standing.
The rules continually evolve as flaws in playability are detected. 🙂
I love this ingenuity and thought it worth sharing!